Data privacy statement
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Article 4 paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Jacob Siefer, Hansaallee 78, 60323 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, USt-IdNr. DE 317 949 066 - (see our imprint / legal notice).
(3) When you contact us by e-mail, the data you provide us with (your e-mail address, possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. For sending our E-mails, we use Gmail from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland. We will delete the data arising in this context after it is no longer required to be stored, or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter b GDPR.
(4) If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes as mentioned below. We will also specify the criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or deletion,
- Right to limit the processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- website from which the request originates
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offering more user-friendly and effective. Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a GDPR
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer contracts or similar services jointly with partners.
You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have enunciated it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. You can inform us about your objection to advertising via the following contact data: Jacob Siefer, Hansaallee 78, 60323 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Phone +49 151 592 52 262).
§ 6 Paddle
(1) If you wish to purchase licenses for our products, they will be distributed by the reseller Paddle.com Market Limited, 15 Briery Close, Great Oakley, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 8JG, United Kingdom.
(2) If you click on the button "Go to paddle.com and purchase" you will be forwarded directly to Paddle.com and your personal data for the purchase process will be transferred to Paddle (email address, country, zip code, payment data) which are required to execute the process. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter b GDPR.
Further information on the use of data by Paddle can be found in Paddle's data privacy statement: https://paddle.com/privacy
§ 7 Use of our SaaS service
(1) If you wish to use our SaaS line, you must register by entering your e-mail address and a password of your choice. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is not completed until you have confirmed it by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration will automatically be deleted from our database. The provision of the aforementioned data is mandatory, all further information can be provided voluntarily by using our SaaS service.
(2) If you use our SaaS services, we will store the data required to fulfil the contract until you finally delete your access. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter b GDPR.
(3) Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you for the duration of your use of the SaaS services, unless you delete them beforehand. You can manage and change all data in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
(4) The connection is encrypted using TLS 1.2 technology to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by third parties.
(5) When using our SaaS services, your project ID is collected together with the date and time. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
§ 8 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to register for our newsletter. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we save the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can withdraw your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to or by sending a message to the contact details given in the legal notice.
(5) We draw your attention to the fact that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations we link the data mentioned in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Such tracking is not possible if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case, the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all functions. If you display the images manually, the above tracking will take place.
Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile in order to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in them and infer your personal interests from this. We link this data with the actions you take on our website.
You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact method. The information is stored as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After you have unsubscribed, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
Its EU-US Privacy Shield certification (“EU-US PRivacy Shield”) https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active guarantees The Rocket Science Group that the EU's data protection requirements are also met when data is processed in the USA.